What is an Amniotic Fluid Injection (AF)?
Amniotic Fluid contains a rich mixture of collagens, cytokines, elastins and growth factors that create an extra-cellular matrix which supports healing and has the potential to reduce scarring and inflammation. AF is filled with growth factors which assist the body in tissue repair, reducing pain and inflammation and contributing to the regeneration and reconstruction of injured tissue.
What benefits does Amniotic Fluid Injections offer?
- Powerful Treatment: Relieves pain associated with joints, soft tissue and spinal injuries.
- Convenient & Painless: 15 minute in office, single injection.
- All Natural & Drug-free: Over 200 different Growth Factors with anti-inflammatory effects.
- Quick & Reduced Recovery Time: Return to everyday, low impact activities.
- Safe, Non-steroidal Alternative to Surgery: Recruits your body’s stem cells to reconstruct and regenerate the injured tissue that is causing pain.
The treatment is ideal for patients suffering the following:
- Spinal injuries: neck pain, mid or lower back pain, sacroiliac joints
- Joint Injuries: knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, wrists, ankles, fingers and toes
- Soft tissue injuries: plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, rotator cuff syndrome
How does amniotic fluid injections work?
Amniotic Fluid takes advantage of the body’s ability to repair itself. With an amniotic fluid injection, your physician injects the amniotic fluid from amniotic tissues into your body. The amniotic fluid has anti-inflammatory properties, similar to cortisone and steroid shots. However, amniotic fluid goes far beyond the benefits of standard “injection therapy.”
While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, amniotic fluid actually restores degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in the amniotic fluid may recruit your body’s own stem cells, directly mitigating the repair and the regeneration of healthy tissue. Additionally, amniotic fluid injections contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, easing the pain and helping restore mobility.
Are Amniotic Fluid Injections covered by insurance?
Yes, amniotic fluid injections are covered by Workers’ Comp., Medicare and commercial Insurances. Consult your physician to see if you are covered.